E-commerce specialist emporix has appointed experienced business strategist Thomas Klar as its new Chief Revenue Officer.
CTO Chief Technology Officer (m/f/x)
We are looking for a full-time CTO based in Gliwice, Poland with a passion for technology and trends who will evolve the Emporix platform into the top headless commerce solution on the market, with unparalleled extensibility and scalability.
As Emporix’ first Chief Technology Officer you are responsible for the technology strategy, as well as the development, operation, and support of our solution. The role requires excellent knowledge of current and trending technologies, architectural patterns, concepts and standards, as well as a strong background in leading and managing technical teams.
If you are an ambitious, focused, go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is also interested in joining as co-founder - this is the perfect role for you!
Emporix develops headless commerce software based on cloud-native microservices and APIs.
Emporix stands for most modern architecture. headless commerce provides maximum flexibility and consistency with any type of touch-point. APIs allow easy backend integrations and best-of-breed architectures. Microservices enable agile development and short release cycles to implement innovations rapidly.
In addition to e-commerce microservices, the Emporix solution includes an expandable back-office as a management console for product information (PIM), marketing content (CMS), and order fulfilment (OMS) with highly efficient pick-pack-ship thanks to Emporix in-store wave picking based on 10 years of experience in the complex grocery business.
- Act as the driving force behind the Emporix technology strategy, with focus on extensibility, scalability and developer experience and the expressed goal of building the leading solution in the headless commerce space
- Lead, advise and counsel technical teams to deliver the product roadmap on-time and in accordance to the technology strategy
- Demand and ensure clarity on roadmap milestones, IT budgets & cost, and install a data-driven mindset in the technical organisation
- Build out the DevOps/SRE practice (setup and processes) to ensure availability and 24/7 support
- Act as technology representative in engagements with high-value customers and implementation partners during the entire lifecycle from pre-sales, sales, to customer care with roadmap to escalation support
- Represent and evangelise Emporix in the technical community & industry at conferences, virtual events, and social media to demonstrate thought leadership
- Determine Emporix’ strategic development in strong alignment with management, and work actively with investors
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading the development and operations (DevOps / SRE) of a SaaS solution
- Experience using / implementing Agile Development and DevOps/SRE concepts
- Working knowledge and experience with GCP, AWS or Azure, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong background in using APIs and passion for offering a great developer experience
- Working knowledge and familiarity with established architectural patterns and concepts to build resilient and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with business systems in the space of e-commerce, PIM, CMS, ERP
- Excellent communicator and charismatic leader, you can express complex technical concepts in clear, concise and convincing terms
- Degree in computer science, mathematics or physics, technical business administration or a comparable degree
- Business fluent in English and Polish
- Opportunity to build a successful company from the early stages, lead and define the technology strategy
- Creative freedom and exciting challenges in a highly competitive technology domain
- Attractive ESOP
To apply, please send your CV to our CEO Eberhardt Weber by e-mail to: jobs[ät]emporix.com.