Headless commerce software leader, Emporix advances product direction and innovation for growth in 2021 by welcoming Chief Product Officer, Stefan...
Job post as CTO - Chief Technology Officer (m/f/x)
We are looking for a CTO with a passion for technology and trends who will evolve and foster the Emporix Commerce Execution Platform (CXP) as the top digital commerce solution on the market, with unparalleled extensibility, scalability, and user centricity.
As the Emporix Chief Technology Officer you are responsible for the technology strategy, as well as the development, operation, and support of our solution. The role requires excellent knowledge of current and trending technologies, architectural patterns, concepts and standards, as well as a strong background in leading and managing technical software engineering teams.
If you are an ambitious, focused, go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and if you are also interested in joining like a co-founder - this is the perfect role for you!
Emporix is a software company that provides a state-of-the-art platform built for sophisticated digital commerce.
The Emporix Commerce Execution Platform (CXP) is the only truly composable commerce system designed for B2B & B2C.
As a global player with an international team, Emporix is the perfect end-to-end digital commerce execution solution. With microservices, APIs, and a modern true-cloud headless commerce architecture, businesses can enable agile development, serve any kind of touch-points in a consistent way, and automatically scale with online demands.
- Act as the driving force behind the Emporix technology strategy, with focus on extensibility, scalability and developer experience and the expressed goal of building the leading solution in the digital commerce space
- Lead, advise and counsel distributed technical software engineering teams to deliver the product roadmap on-time and in accordance to the technology strategy in close collaboration with our Chief Product Officer (CPO)
- Demand and ensure clarity on roadmap milestones, IT budgets & cost, and install a data-driven mindset in the software engineering organisation
- Build out the DevOps/SRE practice (setup and processes) to ensure availability and 24/7 support
- Act as technology representative in engagements with high-value customers and implementation partners during the entire lifecycle from pre-sales, sales, to customer care with roadmap to escalation support
- Represent and evangelise Emporix in the technical community & industry at conferences, virtual events, and social media to demonstrate thought leadership
- Excellent communicator and charismatic leader, you can express complex technical concepts in clear, concise and convincing terms
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading the development and operations (DevOps / SRE) of a SaaS solution
- Experience in managing remote teams
- Experience using / implementing Agile Development and DevOps/SRE concepts
- Working knowledge and experience with GCP, AWS or Azure, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong background in using APIs and passion for offering a great developer experience
- Working knowledge and familiarity with established architectural patterns and concepts to build resilient and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with business systems in the space of digital commerce, PIM, CMS, ERP, data lakes
- Degree in computer science, mathematics or physics, technical business administration or a comparable degree
- Business fluent in English
- Opportunity to build a successful company from the early stages, lead and define the technology strategy
- Creative freedom and exciting challenges in a highly competitive technology domain
- Attractive ESOP
You should apply if…
- You live and breathe cutting-edge cloud software technologies
- You have already managed DevOps teams for software products in SaaS companies
- You have the mentality to found a startup or have already done so
- You feel you are too young to retire in a big corporate environment
- You prefer the upside of an ESOP to an astronomical salary